Monday, October 13, 2014

Beautiful Heartbreak

I love Hillary Weeks, she is such a great songwriter. I have been able to connect to her songs many times throughout the years. About 3 years ago she came out with a song called Beautiful Heartbreak.

This song really describes my life the past several months. 


Unexpected changes have happened in my life. I wasn't planning on going through these certain trials, but I know that there is some purpose behind it. Broken-hearted (and confused) I started to climb. And even though I haven't reached the top of this mountain in my life yet, I'm still making progress up that mountain. I know that it will be worth it in the end. There have been times these past few months that I've just asked for the Lord to just take the pain away from me, but feeling the pain allows me to have the opportunity to ask for Christ's help and the ability to feel his comfort. He is slowly picking up the pieces of my life. I'm excited for that day that I will be able to stand at the top and see the whole picture. It will be worth the pain, fear, doubt, and suffering I have gone through, and one day I'll look back and see this trial as a beautiful heartbreak. 


1 comment:

  1. oh my heart. You are amazing. You are becoming such an amazing woman. I am so happy for your sake that you have been able to see and learn these hard things so early in your adult life. You will need this perspective over and over. You are doing well. You are more beautiful because of how you handle your heartache.

    ReplyDelete